(1) General Information
- Class Size: a maximum of 28 students in each class
- Students will be differentiated into small groups while attending English Language and Literature, Chinese Language and Literature and Mathematics lessons.
- TKHC does not participate in the Government’s Form 1 Secondary School Place Allocation (SSPA) System, TKHC admits students directly that places will be offered to eligible applicants who can meet the admission requirements fully.
- Prior to making an application to join TKHC, parents of applicants are required to agree with all the terms and conditions stated in this set of Important Notes for Admissions. School places will only be given to students and parents who are able to perform the following:– Students must join all school activities and camps, e.g. Summer Bridging Course for Grade 7, Assemblies, Discovery Camps, Service Trips, etc.– All students need to prepare a MacBook for daily lessons.– Students must wear the prescribed school uniform. Any modifications to the school uniform, including additions or removal that may draw attention to faith-based differences, are not permitted.– Parents must settle tuition fees via Direct Debit. TKHC reserves the right to deregister students and ask him / her to withdraw if the tuition fees are not settled duly.
(2) Choice of Chinese Language Programme
- TKHC offers the following Chinese Language options– Chinese Language and LiteratureChinese– Language Acquisition
- All students must study one of these Chinese Language Programmes from Grade 7 to 10. The choice of programme shall be indicated while making the admission application and will be confirmed at the interview.
(3) Application Fee & Tuition Fees in 2022-2023
- TKHC resists the introduction of a capital levy and debenture scheme.
- Composition fee of HKD$11,000 per year will also be collected in 2 instalments from each student. 50% of it will be settled at student registration and the remaining 50% will be collected in the middle of the second school term. The Composition fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Since the collection of tuition fees is one of the main sources of income for TKHC and such funds are needed to support our daily operation, parents are expected to be responsible and ensure that tuition fees are settled in a timely manner.
- Tuition fees must be collected via Direct Debit according to the School Fees Payment Schedule set by the school at the beginning of each academic year.
- The Direct Debit Authorization Form must be submitted to TKHC by the time when the student is officially enrolled.
- If the tuition fee is not settled duly, a reminder will be issued by email to settle the outstanding fee.
- The school reserved the right to consider suspending or terminating the school place should the tuition fee remain unsettled.
- Deduction of Tuition Fees:– If 2 or more siblings are students of St. Hilary’s Kindergarten.Nursery (Prince Edward), St. Hilary’s Kindergarten.Nursery (Hung Hom), St. Hilary’s Kindergarten.Nursery (Ma On Shan), VNSAA St. Hilary’s School, AOG St. Hilary’s Collage (Primary Section), St. Hilary’s Primary School or Tai Kwong Hilary Collage, St. Hilary’s will provide bursary to them.
(4) Vacancy for current 2023-2024 school year
(5) Application for 2024-2025 school year is now open
Please submit the online application ; and
- Applicants will be invited to interviews within two weeks upon the application submission.
- Eligibility for Admissions (students who can meet the requirements below will be considered):
- Holder of a Hong Kong Identity Card (HKID) or a foreign passport;
- With good conduct;– Perform well academically and / or in extra-curricular activities;
- Pass the written tests (Chinese, English, Mathematics) and the interview.
- Weightings of various factors are as follows:
|Academic results of the last two years||10%|
|Results of admission written tests||30%|
|Conduct or other comments from previous school(s)||20%|
|Participation in extra-curricular activities and social events, including any public examinations and awards (if any)||10%|
(6) Announcement of Results & Student Registration
- Results will be announced via email within one week upon the completion of interview.
- To accept the offer, a non-refundable and non-transferable registration fee must be paid within the student registration period.
- The registration fee will be offset against the tuition fee for the first month of the corresponding school year.
- All parents / guardians will be asked sign an Enrollment Agreement. In addition, parents / guardians of successful Grade 7 applicants will be asked to sign an undertaking to declare that their children will not participate in the Secondary School Place Allocation (SSPA) System.
(7) Personal Data Collection
All personal information provided will only be used for admission related purposes and will be treated in strict confidence. Documents will not be returned to applicants (if any). The personal information of unsuccessful applicants will be destroyed after one year.
(8) Contact Us
Should you have any inquiries, please contact our school office at 2338 9186, or email to [email protected]